Elmo32 How to: turn off Windows Password Protection Sharing
Some Microsoft updates will turn the Password Protection setting to the on position. When this happens your Elmo workstation will ask for the Network Credentials when trying to connect the network drive.
You have two ways to fix this issue. You can put in the network credentials and check the "Remember my credentials" box then click OK, or you can go to the main elmo computer and turn Password Protection sharing back to the off position.
The User name and Password that the box is asking for is normally just the User name and Password you use to login to windows on the main computer.
To turn Password Protection sharing off (on the main elmo computer) please follow these steps.
- Click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner) and then type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Below "Network and Internet" click on "View network status and tasks"
- On the left side click on "Change Advanced sharing settings.
- Click the down arrow on the right of All Networks to expand the settings.
- Click the bullet to the left of "Turn off password protected sharing"
- Click Save Changes
After turning this setting back to the off position you should be able to double-click on the network drive on the Elmo workstation to reconnect the network drive.