EA-Import: Steps after Elmo32 data has been converted to Elmo Anywhere
You MUST complete the following steps below in order for Elmo Anywhere to work correctly after import from Elmo32.
Defaults will need to be set for each Shop Record (Click the Gear Icon -> Configuration -> Shops)
Enter your Federal Tax ID (Federal EIN#), Choose a Default Customer, and Select a Default Tax Group for each shop location
Set Print Settings for each shop
Complete the Messages Tab. Click the Update button once all changes have been completed.
Bill To Customers that have a different tax rate than the default shop tax rate will need to be setup manually. (Click Lists -> Contacts -> Bill To)
- Tax Rates are NOT assigned to Bill To’s and will default to the default Shop Tax Rate if one is not assigned
- Click on the Discounts & Taxes tab
- Set the Default Tax Group for the customer
- Some Information may come across incorrect if your data has multiple locations in it because records are matched by multiple ways. Information from the last record/location will be what is imported
- If you previously had repeating messages setup in Elmo32, you will need to re-enter them in EA by going to the Gear Icon -> Configuration -> Repeating Messages\
If you used Required Fields in Elmo32, you will need to re-enter them in EA by clicking the Gear Icon -> Configuration -> Validation
If you were previously using service fees in Elmo32 that were added to each order... for example: shop supplies fee, you will need to recreate that in EA by clicking the Lists Icon -> Pricing -> Services
- Create or choose the service that you wish to use
- Enter the Amount of the Service
- Click the "Add to Every Order" checkbox
- Click Update
Staff members will need to be assigned to correct shop if more than 1 location is imported (Click the Gear Icon -> Site Users)
Some Information may come across incorrect if your data has multiple locations in it because records are matched by multiple ways. Information from the last record/location will be what is imported
Notes for consideration for imported records
- All orders imported will point to the first created EA (Elmo Anywhere) user for any users that have been deleted for the following fields
Invoices that are converted from Elmo32 can not be synced to Quickbooks from Elmo Anywhere. All invoices that have not been synced with Quickbooks must be exported from Elmo32 and imported to Quickbooks, or entered manually in Quickbooks.